StayLuxe Rental Policies, Terms, and Conditions
StayLuxe Rental Policies, Terms, and Conditions
In consideration of the monies received and mutual promises, the owner of the Rental (Property), through its management agent, StayLuxe Properties (management company), agrees to grant use of the property booked to Renter (Guest). This agreement is for the use of the physical property only. It is NOT a guarantee of the use of or availability of local events, attractions, restaurants, shopping venues, etc.
The use of the property under this Agreement is for short-term accommodations and not a tenancy agreement.
RESERVATIONS, PAYMENTS, AND BALANCES DUE: Reservations can be made online, or by calling our reservations desk during regular office hours. Online booking through the StayLuxe website and VRBO requires the acceptance of terms and conditions and valid credit card information. Reservations require 50% advance deposit of the accommodation fare and 100% of additional fees for reservations made 31 days or more prior to the arrival date with the remaining balance of the accommodation fare due 30 days prior to the arrival date, or 100% payment for reservations made within 30 days of the arrival date. Rental charges and balances due are authorized to be made with the MasterCard, Visa, Discover or AMEX credit card used at the time of booking. StayLuxe Properties shall have the right, without further notification, to deem the reservation canceled without refund of advance deposits if the final payment is not received when due, or if card on file cannot be charged for any reason. Payments and balances due for reservations made through the Airbnb booking platform are handled directly by Airbnb, as they are the merchant of record for said reservations.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES
StayLuxe strongly recommends and encourages all guests to obtain appropriate and comprehensive travel/trip insurance. For suggestions on where to purchase insurance, feel free to ask one of our representatives.
• Free cancellation for the first 48 hours after booking, if booked more than 14 days prior to check-in date.
• After initial 48 hours, Guest will receive a full refund if canceled more than 30 days prior to check-in date.
• If booking is canceled between 30 and 7 days prior to check-in, Guest is entitled to a 50% refund of total paid to date.
• If booking is canceled within 7 days of check-in, no refund will be given.
• Cancellations must be made by 11:59 pm in the property’s time zone on the chosen day.
• Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of the stay will receive a full refund. Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of the stay will receive a 50% refund.
• The percentage refund applies to the amount Guest has paid up to the date of the cancellation, not the total amount of the reservation.
• Cancellations must be made by 11:59 pm in the property’s time zone on the chosen day.
• Free cancellation for 48 hours, if the Guest cancels at least 14 days before check-in (time shown in the confirmation email).
• After that, Guests can cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the cleaning fee, but not the service fee.
• Cancellations made less than 7 days before check-in are not entitled to a refund.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT CANCELLATIONS:
- Altering a reservation by removing nights is considered cancellation of those nights and will be handled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- No full or partial refunds will be granted for no-shows, for arrivals after the first night of the reservation, for departures before the last night of the reservation, for temporary disruption of utility services, malfunctioning or dissatisfaction with equipment/appliances/furnishings or the condition of property, or for construction, traffic, or noise outside the control of the agent.
- Except as expressly provided in this agreement, no refunds or compensation will be given, and StayLuxe shall not be liable to the Renter, for failure to make the property available for occupancy if the property becomes partially or wholly unusable for any reason outside StayLuxe’s control, including but not limited to utility outages, adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, mechanical failures, evacuation orders for any reason, including, but not limited to health and safety orders, or other acts of government agencies.
- No refunds will be offered outside of the cancellation policy for cancellations due to concerns regarding COVID, or any other reason outside StayLuxe’s control, including, but not limited to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, transportation cancellations, evacuation orders for any reason, including, but not limited to health and safety orders, acts of government agencies, illness, or inability to use, access, and/or participate in local events, attractions, restaurants, shopping venues, etc.
- StayLuxe strongly recommends and encourages Guests to obtain appropriate and comprehensive travel insurance that covers Renter and all occupants and that includes coverage for personal injury, illness or disease, and property damage or loss. This kind of policy is called a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) policy and may cover guests for up to 75% of the reservation costs, based on the individual policy terms and conditions.
EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES POLICY: StayLuxe shall consider either a transfer of payments made or a refund of all or a portion of reservations canceled for the following reasons:
- Death of a member of the party (must provide documentation)
- Positive test of illness that requires quarantine of a member of the party (must provide documentation)
Owner/Agent Cancellation Policy: In the unlikely event that the Property becomes unavailable for any part of the tenancy for reasons beyond the control of the Agent, the Owner and/or Agent may cancel this Agreement and refund in full to the Guest all unused payments made. Guest agrees that any claims against Owner/Agent arising out of performance or non-performance under this agreement shall be limited to a full refund of all consideration previously tendered by Guest. However, Agent will assist in procuring similar alternative accommodation should this situation arise.
RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION (Damage Waiver): A Damage Waiver is included in every rental in lieu of a Security Deposit. The damage waiver will protect you for up to $1,500.00 in unintentional/unavoidable damages to the Property interior that occur during your stay. Renter must immediately notify the management company of damages or losses during their occupancy or the insurance coverage will be void and Guest will be responsible for damages. The insurance plan does not cover acts of neglect, willful misconduct, or damages by pets.
ADVANCE RENT PAYMENTS, SECURITY DEPOSITS AND BALANCES: All payments are deposited into the management company’s trust account at Mountain America Credit Union. Non-refundable reservation fees and insurance may be disbursed upon receipt. The disbursal of advance rent payments may be made upon the rental arrival date or a material breach of this Agreement.
TAXES: Tax payments required by the State of Utah include Sales and local lodging Accommodation Taxes, where applicable.
PETS: No pets are permitted except in designated pet friendly rentals and only with express authorization from the management company. Pets are limited to two (2) domestic potty-trained adult dogs (no puppies less than 1 year). Tenant agrees to disclose the breed, weight, and condition of each pet and agrees that the Agent may refuse to allow pet occupancy on any of these grounds. Renters and their guests agree to adhere to the community’s pet size and breed restrictions as well as the following management company house rules:
• The pet should not be left unattended at any time. Should it become necessary, Renter must have and use a crate at all times while gone from the property.
• The pet must have a collar, harness, or microchip with identifying owner information attached for use in the event that he/she becomes lost.
• An advance copy of the pet’s rabies vaccine (current through guest’s stay) is required to be presented via mail or email before check-in.
• The pet must be on a leash at all times, or under control of verbal or sight commands that they follow at all times.
• The pet must be housebroken, non-aggressive, not destructive, and must not display repeated, unprovoked barking.
• Management company can and will ask Renter to remove the pet and/or leave for excessive barking, aggressive or damaging behavior or obvious lack of sanitation.
• Pet must be walked for bathroom needs. Indoor piddle pads are not allowed.
• Renter/guests must clean up defecations immediately and dispose of the “poo bags” in appropriate outdoor receptacles.
• Pets must be kept off the furniture and counters (unless required for Assistance Animals).
In full accordance with the ADA, and FHA regulations, the above house rules will also apply to Assistance Animals. Guests with Assistance Animals are also required to provide the following information prior to confirming a booking:
• Is your animal a Service Animal or an Emotional Support Animal?
• Is your Service Animal required because of a disability?
• What work or task has your Service Animal been trained to perform?
Guests who bring animals, whether pets or Assistance Animals into the rental are required to pay a non-refundable pet cleaning fee of $150 and will be responsible for additional charges resulting from damages, or outside yard clean up.
IF AN UNAUTHORIZED OR UNREPORTED PET HAS BEEN IN ANY RENTAL, PET FRIENDLY OR NOT, THERE WILL BE A MINIMUM CHARGE OF $500.00. ALL FINES AND CHARGES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RENTER WHOSE NAME IS ON THE RESERVATION. A RENTER OR THEIR GUESTS ALLOWING AN UNAUTHORIZED PET ONTO THE PROPERTY FOR ANY REASON OR FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME IS UNACCEPTABLE AND IS CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
SMOKING: No smoking is permitted in any Property rented from this management company. If there are any signs that smoking occurred or is occurring inside the unit rented, it will be considered a breach of this agreement on the Renter’s part and a minimum $500.00 charge will be assessed. If we are notified that someone is smoking in a unit, the Renter and guests will be subject to eviction, loss of security deposit, fees, unused night’s rents, cleaning charges and all other fees.
AGE RESTRICTIONS AND PARTIES: Renter acknowledges that he/she is an adult of 25 years of age or older and shall personally occupy the Property for the entire rental period. Renter acknowledges he/she may not rent the Property for any event or party use. We have a strict no party policy that we expect our renters to observe. If we are notified of any such event, you will be asked to leave the property immediately without any refund of un-used time.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Occupancy beyond the specified limit for the Property (including children), may not be exceeded. Renters will be subject to eviction, loss of security deposit, fees, unused nights rents, cleaning charges and all other fees should occupancy rules be broken.
FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT: Properties are individually decorated. Décor reflects the taste of the owner and varies widely. Homes are equipped with dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, and basic appliances. Bed linens and towels are provided. The management company kindly asks that Renters pack any specialty items that you may require during your stay. If Renter finds something is broken or missing, Renter should immediately contact our team to report it so we can have it replaced or repaired.
FIREPLACES: Where available, fireplaces are for use during cold weather only, and may not be used while the air conditioner is running. In some cases, firewood will be provided. There will be an additional cleaning fee of $50 for any wood burning fireplaces that are used during your stay. Please check with your reservationist for details.
PRIVATE HOT TUBS: Private hot tub temperatures are typically set between 100 and 102 degrees. Children should not be in a hot tub for extended periods or without adult supervision. Renter agrees to be solely responsible for the use and operation of the hot tub, where available. Hot tubs are maintained between renters and on a regularly scheduled basis. Renter will be charged for mid-stay treatment or cleaning that becomes necessary resulting from overcrowding or misuse. No glass or glass containers are permitted in or around hot tubs. Do not leave children unattended in or around water.
CONDITION OF PROPERTY: All equipment and appliances in the Property should be in good working order. Please report any inoperative equipment or appliances to our office immediately. Every reasonable effort will be made to promptly repair inoperative items. Renter may be charged a service call fee if an equipment problem is determined to be a result of user error or misuse. No refunds will be made for inconveniences resulting from inoperative air conditioners, appliances or mechanical failure. If a condition occurs that affects the habitability of the Property, the management company will make its best effort to relocate Renter to another available rental property. If another rental property is not available to relocate Renter, the management company will refund any unused days of the rental period.
LOCKOFFS: Please respect locked closets, cabinets, and/or rooms. They are NOT INCLUDED as part of your rental.
INSPECTION AND REPAIRS: Access to the property for the purpose of inspection, repair or replacement of amenities, fixtures, appliances, furnishings, plumbing, electrical and equipment may be made by the management company and its representatives during the rental period with a verbal or email notice. If the issue is deemed an emergency, no notice will be required.
DAMAGE AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES: Damages occurring during the occupancy, including lost keys, garage remotes and TV remote controls are the Renter’s responsibility and must be reported to the management company immediately. The Renter will need to pay a set fee of $50 per key, $100 per fob or garage remote, or the fee charged by the HOA for replacement, whichever is greater, for each item not returned to the designated location prior to check-out. If the cost of the damage repair or replacement can’t be determined by the time of departure, the Renter shall remain responsible for such costs, exceeding the amount covered under the damage waiver and agrees to pay the management company promptly. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL CHECK-OUT TO REPORT PROBLEMS.
DESCRIPTIONS AND RATINGS: Every effort has been made to ensure that property ratings, descriptions, and distances to area attractions: ski, golf, town, and water access are accurate; however, the management company is not responsible for exact distances or inferred proximity. The management company is also not responsible for changes made to furnishings, décor, equipment, or errors in descriptions.
ITEMS LEFT BEHIND AND LOCK OUT: The management company is not responsible for articles lost, stolen or left behind in homes. Please double-check for personal items prior to your departure. There is a $45 return item fee plus the cost of mailing to return left behind items. There is a service call charge of $100 for lock outs due to user error.
RESTRICTIONS: Renters are required to abide by rules and regulations for the property in which they stay. Emails are sent to the guest, which include applicable rules and regulations along with guidelines for the rental property use, check-out procedures, emergency numbers, trash/recycling collection procedures and other pertinent information. Some locations may have restrictions against RV, boat, motorcycles, or camper parking on the premises.
CHECK-IN: Check-in is at 4:00 PM on the arrival date. In extreme unexpected situations check-in time may need to be extended for cleaning and maintenance. Renter shall not be at the Property prior to check-in time unless previously arrange through our reservations team.
Early arrival may be subject to an additional “early check-in charge”.
CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is 10:00 AM on the date of departure. Please observe this rule as housekeeping staff needs time to prepare the Property for the next guests. RENTER MAY BE CHARGED UP TO $150 OR THE COST OF ONE (1) ADDITIONAL NIGHT RENTAL WHICHEVER IS GREATER IF PROPERTY IS OCCUPIED AFTER CHECK-OUT TIME. Renter is responsible for leaving the Property in a like arrival condition upon departure. Please secure all windows and doors, wash dishes, and clean out the refrigerator. Trash should be placed in either the location designated in Check-out Instructions or trash bags placed in rubbish container in the garage. Leave used beds unmade. Unless otherwise designated, keys, parking permits, fobs and/or clickers should be left where they were found or on the kitchen countertop in plain view. The following charges will apply if these items are lost, removed from the rental, or destroyed: keys $50, parking permits $50, fobs and/or clickers $125. If your rental requires extra cleaning time because it is left in an excessively dirty or messy condition, you may be charged an additional cleaning fee.
Late departure may be subject to an additional “late check-out charge”.
FREE ACTIVITIES: As a thank you for staying with StayLuxe Luxury Vacation Homes, you will receive complimentary admissions to popular local attractions every day of your stay. You will receive emails to explain how to access the available activities and how to redeem your complimentary admissions. Only valid on short term stays less than 30 day.
LIMITATIONS OF REMEDIES, DAMAGES AND INDEMNITY:
a) In the event of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, delay in maintenance affecting habitability of the Property, including sale or foreclosure, change in CC&Rs of the community, Renter agrees to limit the management company and/or property Owner liability to a refund of the prorated rental for each day Renter is unable to use the property.
b) Renter understands that there are inherent risks associated with any property, including risks associated with the use of pool, hot tub, whirlpool, sauna, fireplaces, grills, etc. Renter represents and certifies that he/she is thoroughly familiar with the proper use of the Property, including any appurtenances, fixtures and equipment in and upon the premises. Renter shall be responsible for Renter’s guests and group members. Renter agrees to release and indemnify the Owner and management company from and against all liability or loss should anyone be injured upon the premises during the rental period resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of a personal injury caused by the negligent act of the Owner. Renter further agrees that Renter is responsible and liable for any damages that occur to the Property or any portion thereof due to Renter’s or his/her guest’s misuse or negligent use of the Property or any portion thereof.
c) Renter shall not be entitled to any refund due to delay in check-in, early check-out, unfavorable weather, temporary disruption of utility services, malfunctioning or dissatisfaction with equipment/appliances/furnishings or condition of property, construction, traffic and associated noise.
d) Renter agrees to hold the property Owner and Management Company harmless of any liability for injury or damage resulting from accident, injury, or loss of enjoyment resulting from weather, inoperable appliances, or equipment.
TERMINATION: If Renter or any member of his/her guests violates the terms of this Agreement, the management company may, at its sole discretion, terminate this Agreement with no refund of the unused portion of rent and may enter the premises and remove Renter, their guests, and their belongings. A material breach of this Agreement shall include, but is not limited to, the careless and reckless use of the Property.
By booking this unit online or with one of our reservations team you are agreeing to all Policies, Terms, & Conditions of StayLuxe Properties.
Thank you for making your reservation with StayLuxe Properties, the management company. We are confident compliance with these policies, terms, and conditions will help all guests have a safe and enjoyable vacation.
I, the renter, understand and agree to all policies, terms, conditions and corresponding charges and fees that may be levied and authorize StayLuxe Properties to charge any fee due resulting from violations to this Agreement to the credit card on file with the management company. I have read, understand and agree to the cancellation and refund policy.